Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm dumbfounded....

I just realized something amazing!   I don't know why I never thought of it before.  I even can make if for a "Use It Up" menu item!!    

I guess that I should set the stage here:   One of my many blogs that I follow is "Always Order Dessert" that is written by Alejandra.   She is a beautiful young woman who lives, I believe in the NYC area.   She has a great way of writing, takes great photos, has incredible recipes and just got married!    She even had great guest posts while she was away!   She highlights her baking a tad more than her cooking.  (but don't let that fool you, she has some great stuff here)   


So, it appears that she has been trying to recreate a boxed rum cake that she ate by the case load before her wedding!   So, part of that endeavor led her to create a home made instant pudding mix!   Isn't she just a GENIUS???    (and yes, I say that like the girl on the USPS commercial)


So, if you're interested, go HERE  to check it out.  You can also go to subsequent posts to get the rum cake recipe too.  I have no doubt that it tastes as good as it looks.   Oh, and I believe you can also search her blog for a beet cake recipe.....  


Oh, to be a baker and have a metabolism that allows me to eat it all....

No comments:

Post a Comment