Well, I finally finished my citrus rind vinegar brew! Actually, I finished it last week but haven't had a chance to post. There was a lot of lemon vinegar and it should have taken me longer, but I found that if I did my first strain thru Kleenex brand paper towels, I could quickly filter through coffee filters. 3-4 filters later and I was on to the next container. Literally 1.5 days for a gallon instead of 3 days for 1/2 a gallon of the orange vinegar! I was using clean cotton napkins for the orange....so you would think that would have filtered out the big stuff. Who knows, but the heavy duty paper towels worked way better than cheese cloth and cloth napkins.
I've been using the vinegar in my laundry as a rinse. Regular white vinegar fills up the cup, but with the orange ro lemon vinegar, I am using 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup. I haven't noticed any fading of colors or anything like that. I also put some into my spray bottle that I use for cleaning....vinegar and hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol....now it smells so much better!
Definitely a project that I will repeat next year. If nothing else, the jars of rinds look so pretty on the counter in the dead of winter!
It was such a pretty morning yesterday. This photo doesn't do it justice.
Have a sunny day~

No comments:
Post a Comment