Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baked French Bread and Winter Brushetta.

After finding some jarred cinnamon butter in the fridge, I decided to make up some bread today.  I halved the french bread recipe because I am alone this week.  It isn't a special recipe, just one that I had found online.  I've been brain storming as to what to make for dinner that I could use my freshly baked bread.  This week, I've had mushroom ravioli's and macaroni and cheese and chicken veggy soup, all from the freezer and pantry and all made from scratch.  But I really feel like I am in need of a meal with some serious vegetables.   Pasta could do the trick but that fills me up before I get more than one slice of beautiful bread eaten.  So I have come up with the idea of some vegetable brushetta!

Here is my Winter Brushetta!

Some roasted tomatoes and garlic (frozen in the freezer), all from our garden
frozen store peas
frozen corn from the farmer's market
fresh mushrooms and spinach and red pepper
fresh squeezed lemon juice
a nice quality balsamic vinegar
sweet whole grain mustard
cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper (just tad bits of each)
salt and pepper.

Served warm on homemade bread with some Wisconsin made Cheshire cheese, toasted up.
Try it, you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment