Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Mac-n-Cheese recipe...a review


This recipe is pretty good.  I used prosciutto in it because we like that it doesn't have as much fat.  But I did have to add a bit of butter to it so that the prosciutto would crisp up.  Also, since it was just the 2 of us, I did an eyeball 1/2-ing of the recipe.  I also didn't add the cheese on top...I mixed it all in!

I have to admit that I was really in the mood for a jalapeno mac and cheese, so this one left me hanging. I thought about adding the extra flavors, but thought that the prosciutto and leeks would get over powered and therefore make following this recipe silly.  I'm glad that I didn't: the flavors were amazing and really went well together. H really liked it a lot and went back for seconds!

This was, also, the first time in a long time that I've used this much butter!  But that just added to the deliciousness of it.

The other thing was, and maybe it was just me, but it seemed like I dirtied a lot of things making this.  Cleanup wasn't lickity-split, but wasn't bad.

Overall, I will keep this in my recipe folio...it will be a good option for when we have company over...have it all ready to pop in the oven for an easy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment