What's a pantry garden, you ask?
Well, since I just thought it up right now, I'll tell you....
Go into your pantry.
Find something in there you like:
beans? mustard? pickles? popcorn? salsa? a spice mix?
Then, figure out how it is made....be it researching how it is grown or finding a recipe that someone uses to make it.
Now, what part or parts of it can you grow in your garden?
Plant accordingly.
See, a pantry garden!
Why not give it a try?
Let me tell you something I've found out....your neighbors and friends will be amazed!
And you will have a new appreciation of where your food comes from.
To give you a few ideas, here's what I've grown and/or made:
hot sauce
a version of Pampered Chef's Simply Salsa spice mix
pestos made from several different herbs
harissa
basil tea
spice mixes to add to tomato sauce to make pasta dinners
dried herb mixes
dried black beans
chickpeas
pickles
salsa
baba ganoush
What in your pantry is an actual seed that you can just put it in the ground and water??
spices? legumes? whole grains?
And I'm still amazed to find that there is a way to grow just about everything in your pantry or freezer!
What are you going to grow in your pantry garden?
Do share so that we can all be inspired.
No comments:
Post a Comment