Even though I took this photo at home, I know that we have these critters at the community garden! As a matter of fact, I know that at least one has started to make a web of tunnels in our bed. It may be because we have planted a few peanut seeds, but no matter what, they are a pain.
I've done some research and other than poisons and live traps, there isn't a lot to do to keep them away. Of course, the electrocution device sounds interesting, but, alas, that would make me feel good in the short term, but probably will cause great remorse when I try to go to sleep.
The gas sticks also sound like a sinister way to take them out, but if you don't get all of the entrances covered, your chances of success are greatly reduced.
So, ultimately, the best and most humane way to scare them away is to spread coyote urine around.
Now, how do I set a trap to collect the neighborhood coyote's urine????
No comments:
Post a Comment