Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2 weeks vacation and I come home to this!

We had a fun trip to MN and it appears that our community garden was watered and the tomatoes were trimmed of any and all blight!!  So that was a relief, for sure!
I went today and found it in pretty good shape.  Then there were the cucumbers.
Wads of them that were HUGE!  One was even yellow. Those ones made it to the compost pile as I don't even want to know who ain't my friend!  (a reference to our friend Chuck!)
I brought these ones home as they look perfect! 
 There were no signs of tomatoes that had fallen, so hopefully, the ones that had ripened earlier were picked.  There were plenty of ripe ones for me....just perfect and, oh, so yummy!  My tomato sandwich this evening with pesto was totally DELISH!
Then I picked some of the black beans.  Not sure if I mentioned it before, but they need to dry on the plant so that they turn black!  I didn't get many, but have a few more plants to dry out.  Shelling them was a bit tougher than beans as the pods were hard to open.
 Let's see, maybe some black bean salsa or in to the crockpot for some chili?   Oh, the possibilities are endless.  What's your suggestion?

No comments:

Post a Comment